September 25, 2009

All Things Southern

What could be more southern than classic Blue Willow with a yummy Blueberry Brunch Cake for a Saturday breakfast? Make it and enjoy, I promise you will love it.

Blueberry Brunch Cake

Preheat oven to 350

In 1 bowl, mix the following dry ingredients:

1 cup all purpose flour (sifted); 1/3 cut sugar; 2 teaspoons baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon salt

In another bowl, mix the following wet ingredients:

1 egg; 1/2 cup milk; 1/3 cup oil

Add wet & dry together and stir in 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries. I am generous in my measuring and I do not thaw out the frozen blueberries.

Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick spray. Pour in batter and then make topping.

Topping ingredients:

1/3 cup sugar; 1/4 cup all purpose flour; 2 Tablespoons soft butter; 1/2 cup chopped pecans (pecans are optional...I leave them out)

Use a fork to mix the topping ingredients together until they are crumbly. Sprinkle on top and bake about 40 minutes. I usually have to put the oven on broil and watch carefully just to get the top a little brown.


No comments: