September 18, 2009

Rah Rah Rah!

My Little Cheerleader

When I was in grammar school, my daddy took me to all the ballgames. I went to a small school that only had basketball so I didn't know about football way back then. Daddy would take me and tell me all about when he played basketball for the Eagles. He gave me Eagle fever at an early age. I watched the game for probably one play but I never stopped watching the cheerleaders. I thought they were the coolest girls in the world. I loved the outfits, the cheers, the "pom-pom routines", the whole 9-yards...I was hooked! Then, one day, my cousin Lisa became a cheerleader...and I was sold hook, line, and sinker! I had to be a cheerleader too! Many years later I would indeed wear a red and white uniform and cheer my heart out for the Eagles. Those were fun times and I have fond memories of cheering. I loved it all...sweating to death at camp, killing myself lifting girls above my head, practicing and practicing and practicing, the pep rallies, late nights on the bus coming home from away games, and Christmas parties at our sponsor's house. I still keep in touch with a few of the girls I cheered with and will always think of them as some of my best friends. Sadly, the school I went to closed a few years ago so I will never get to take my babies to an Eagles game and show them the gym where I spent so many hours of my life.

This year, Claudia is a PeeWee cheerleader. I am so excited for her. She cheered at her first game last Thursday and she loved it. She did say it was long and she did not like the rain and we did get in much later than normal for a school night BUT she loved it and I loved watching her! I told her I would have LOVED to have had the chance to be a PeeWee cheerleader when I was her age. The icing on the cake is that they get to play and cheer at the high school football field. That is just about the coolest thing ever!

When we signed up, we assumed that her uniform would match our high school's colors which are maroon and white but we were surprised to get red and white. When we got her all dressed, I got sentimental looking at her in her uniform. Exactly the same colors I used to wear. I absolutely loved seeing her in that uniform. She is so pretty and getting to see her enjoy new experiences is such a blessing to me. I'm so thankful God lets me be her mom!

This is Claudia and Hallie before the game...

Cooper was most excited about getting to take his "bumrella" because it was raining! Oh yeah, and just so I'd know, he made sure to tell me that this was NOT a football shirt!

Claudia, Hallie, and Mary Madyson getting all pumped up before we even went in the gates!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

McMom said...

Now that's what I call team spirit!