On the day I turned 36, we celebrated with these precious friends. We went out to dinner and then back home to do our usual, sit around, play with the kids, watch the kids fight over who Ryan will throw into the air next, and sit up late. Ok, on this night it was 9:30 but on a school night, that is late. On summer nights, the 4 of us can pull some real late nighters...those are precious memories for me. The saddest most awful part of that night was that when it was over, we had to say goodbye. This was the last night we saw our sweet friends. The very next day they moved to a city very far away from us. We miss them terribly. We still grieve for them. I still look for them to drop by, I still think about calling to see if they want to go eat with us, I still wonder if they can come to swim...and then I remember that they are not here...and then I am sad. Part of what makes me so sad is that they are expecting a wonderful God given treasure... a BABY! This past week we found out that this angel is indeed a GIRL treasure that God himself has knit together in Amy's womb. What an amazing blessing. I try really hard not to think about how sad I am that this baby will not spend endless hours at my house the way her parents have. Instead, I really do try to focus on how thankful I am that God's hand is on them and that they are following His lead. I really do try to keep my attitude from being selfish but it is not always easy. I want them back. I miss them. They are yet another reminder that God's ways are not my ways and that His ways are always right. I know they are where they need to be. I really do want them to be right there in God's will for them. I know that God will use them in a mighty way in this new place. For all of those things, I am so full of praise. Yes, I still grieve for them, but I also rejoice over God's blessings in their life and I'm so thankful for technology that lets us have video calls so I can see the "coming home" outfit they have bought and I can show them just how cute Claudia looks in her cheerleader uniform right before we leave for a game! Ryan and Amy, you may never know just how much we love and adore you but rest assured, that love has only gotten bigger as we have learned to live without you here. We just cannot wait until we see you again!
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment