This afternoon we went to see our PawPaw (my daddy) at his campsite since it was only about 10 miles from our house. The kids were excited because my cousin's children who are their same ages were there. Claudia and Emma did a little running and then got on the DS. Cooper and Lane tore it up running around like crazy. They had the best time. I used to love to camp but this afternoon, I was sure glad that I got to come home to a bed tonight. We only stayed a little while and as we are leaving, Daddy tells me to be sure and check the kids for ticks...W.H.A.T.??? I did not think about ticks or bug spray...uh oh...look at my sweet boy in his car seat, what is that on his face? Oh my, a tick! Right there crawling on his precious filthy face. We get home and take care of some potty business only to see another one crawling on his back! Ok, buddy, strip! Before it was over, that baby had six ticks taken off of him. Claudia was blessed with none. Although I almost brought every freckle she has to the point of blood because I had to be sure! Cooper had overheard me telling Claudia in the car that a tick will bury its head under your skin. As I'm inspecting him and getting them off, he is saying "hurry, mommy, they are gonna bury my head!"
What a blessing to get to see my daddy sittin back enjoying a campsite just one month to the day after he had a heart attack in the hospital. God is amazing! I tease him that he is starting to look like Colonel Sanders w/his facial hair. Of course, I really do not care if he grows a full beard, I am just so thankful he's here for me to tease and love on! Here are a few more pics from our afternoon.
1 comment:
Girl, your dad looks awesome, I am soo thankful he is doing so good, and Im with you..I like to camp sometimes...Thankful to go home to my bed, and I would have jsut did seeing those ticks..gross!!! Anyway, this was great to see. I love u.Roll TIde
Post a Comment