September 30, 2009

Welcome Fall, Farewell September

When it was the last day of August, I contemplated posting about how thankful I was to see that month end. August was a tough month. A lot of life changing things happened as well as turning some corners and meeting some milestones. August was emotional. I won't lie, I was delighted to turn the calendar to September. Then I felt guilty. I felt guilty because that post would have been so negative and not focusing at all on the blessings God gave us in that month. I just could not do it. Nope, I am so not the perfect, always focus on the sunny side girl...but I do get very convicted when I stay focused on the bad in life and fail to count my blessings. God has been so good to us. Even when times are bad and so scary, he is still God and he is still in control and he is still blessing us. Sometimes we have to look at the ordinary things in life and start counting our blessings there.

Lately we have been blessed with some "picture perfect" fall days in the south. The crisp air in the mornings really gives me a pep in my step! I'm so thankful to see the change of seasons. The cool air reminds me that Christmas is just around the corner and I love Christmas! There is certainly lots to do but I am really hoping to stay ahead of the game this year and not let Christmas become stressful but instead let the entire season be lovely. I want to really enjoy my family and the blessing we have of being together. I recently read a ladies blog who lost her son last Christmas. He was 18months old and he was a twin. They found out on Dec 22nd that he had a massive brain tumor and the doctor told them basically "he has one foot in heaven already" . They lost him on Dec. 26th. I cannot even imagine their grief. In her blog, she talks a lot about how much she dreads Christmas. Her blog has been a major reminder to me to take advantage of every day and holiday that God blesses us with as a family. We never know when the next phone call, drive home, trip to the doctor could change our course forever.

Just some heavy thoughts to ponder today as we say farewell to September...you've been a lovely month. I'm thankful God gave you to me!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are so right! We all have so much and it's just ridiculous for any of us to complain. I always picture a refugee mother in another continent walking for days and days with her hungry children, trying to find a relief. How silly are complaints would seem to her! She is no different from us. When I picture that my whining about the laundry pile seems utterly ridiculous.
Great post...and love the new header and polka dots! It's fun isn't it?