November 10, 2009

Decisions, Decisions!

For some reason, I cannot get this sample to get any larger. I probably will not choose this card but oh my goodness, I love the black and white with the tiny bit of red! This is totally my style...it just does not look all that "Christmasie" but I still love it.


Today, in the midst of tropical storm IDA, I will be riding to Atlanta with my friend, Amy, to attend a field trip with our first graders. Claudia and Hayden are in the same class so Amy and I will travel together...she will be driving and I will be praying. I told her to begin with that she had to drive and I will drive every other field trip but oh how I do not like to drive in Atlanta! Today I'm going as a parent. Kind of wish I was going as a teacher so I could be on the bus with Claudia. I'm not crazy about her riding on a bus to Atlanta in this weather! We are going to the Georgia Aquarium. The kids are all excited and I am especially excited for the ones who never get to go anywhere and who have never seen anything like this. Claudia has been before but she is still pumped up. I am praying the weather does not damper their spirits. I am praying for our safety in this storm. Taking that many children on a field trip is a HUGE responsibility but it sure makes me nervous in bad weather. I know God will take care of it all and protect us. No doubt there. However, it would not hurt my feelings to have a reschedule!
Since I left my glasses in Destin, I cannot see my Bible at all to read. I do not have a large print version. Spencer got me up EARLY this morning so I thought, "Yeah, quiet time!" and then realized I could not see The Word! I logged on to the Beth Moore living proof ministies blog and watched a video clip from a Bible study she is leading and this is a statement she asked that will stick with me today... "What is God really convicting you about, what will He really NOT leave you alone about right now in your life...and WHAT are you doing about it?" Okay, get all in my business there Beth! I'm just going to think on that and pray about it today and I might share about it later and I might not but I will say this, we all have convictions because none of us are leading perfect lives. I realize I have a handful of readers but I love all of you and I want you to live pure in heart and have God's blessings poured out in your life. What is God convicting you about right now and WHAT are you doing about it? We have to do something! To follow Him and seek Him and trust Him and live for Him, we cannot ignore our convictions. What a blessing to have a Father who loves us enough to teach us the right way when we so willingly choose the wrong way! Isn't that just how I want my kids to be? I want them to listen to our direction and teaching and then change their way to follow what Chad and I teach them to be right. God wants that from me as His child as well. He wants me to model obedience as His child for my own children. I have a lot of work to do but I'm so thankful He never leaves me and He never gives up on me!

No comments: