A Saturday at home...a blessing I have longed for since I heard the words PeeWee football! We have not had ONE Saturday at home since football season began. The one Saturday there was no game, we had Claudia's birthday party. Last Saturday would have been our first at home but we were frolicking in Destin so today is the official first one at home in a long time. I am ecstatic about being at home, so are the kids. They are so happy to get to play in pajamas. I am so happy to get to clean my house. I know I'm starting to feel my age when I say I'm happy about a Saturday at home to clean but that's ok, it is true and I am thrilled. I have not been able to get it all cleaned since the kitchen renovation began and there is dust everywhere! Spencer, rotten little ball of fur, ruined my plan of sleeping until 7:00 but even that cannot damper my excitement over just being at home!
Last night we trudged out in the cold and yelled loud for our Tigers. They won their 11th game in a row and we are one step closer to the state finals. We had so much fun. I was reminded of how much I love living in a small town and being a part of such a great school system. Cooper got a blue ring pop and I had to literally SCRUB the blue off of his teeth. He loved it and based on the way he was working it, I think he was having flashbacks of how much he loved his pappy! He looked like he might pass out at any minute. Claudia played the entire game with one of her friends. They cheered and did all those cute little girl things. I love to watch them play with their friends.
Now I'm off to housecleaning and enjoying this beautiful fall Saturday at home. Thank you my sweet Lord for blessing me with my family and our home!
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment