April 30, 2009

10 days left...10 things to never forget

Claudia officially has 10 school days left (after today) until the end of the most wonderful kindergarten year ever recorded in history. That may be a stretch to some people but not to me or Claudia. I won't even go into how emotional I am over the end of this school year. I won't even go into how hard I am struggling to hold it together as this year is wrapping up. These are just some things I never want to forget:

10 things I don't want to forget:
1. Within the first week, Claudia told me one morning that she knew Mrs. Smith was the teacher that God wanted her to have.
2. Claudia asking me if I had looked at Z's "little precious hands" because in her words, "he has little baby hands just like Cooper." (He is so much smaller than her!)
3. She gets her verb tense mixed up and says "I putted on my shoes" and I do not correct her yet b/c it is sweet and it will come.
4. She took her Mickey princess ears from Disney for her very first show & tell. After that, we mostly forgot show & tell and I spent several Fridays running home hunting something for show & tell.
5. She cried the day of fall pictures because she did not want to wear a dress...even though I was changing her right after pictures.
6. She was hesitant to go sit with Santa until I said "Santa, can you believe Claudia thought you had forgotten her?" and he replied, "Claudia, come here, I did not forget you!" and there she went...right to his arms!
7. She hand made her Christmas presents for her class. Little snowman magnets with a picture of each child in her class.
8. There were 15 kids in her class. 9 girls and 6 boys. Later in the year another boy joined the group.
9. Claudia never wanted to miss school and the friendship circle during reading was her favorite time of day but her favorite activity was writing in her journal.
10. 12 days before graduation her teacher had to go to tech training and Claudia was so upset. She said "no, she cannot be out, I don't have that many days left with her!"

No comments: