April 12, 2009

Easter Shoes


I love Easter shoes for children. They just always seem to be the finishing touch on the perfect outift for Easter Sunday. In all of Claudia's years, she has always worn pretty socks and a closed in Mary Jane style or English Sandle. Last year she really started bugging me for "high heel sandals". I promised her last year that this year, she could get white church sandals that have "high heels". So, we go shopping and I am having to pry myself away from the Mary Jane's and honor my promise. We found these pretty little strappy sandals that looked very dainty. They had a wedge heel that promised a smaller chance of tripping (Mommy liked that) but the heel also met Claudia's expectations of a "high heel".


On Saturday night, we painted ner toenails a pretty red and she was very excited about wearing her new high heels. On Easter morning, when we buckled the finishing touch, I could not resist taking this picture. It is official, she does not have baby feet and in fact, she has very pretty feet in her very pretty sandals. I just HAD to have this picture to remember this rite of passage for my precious baby. Gosh I love this girl!

No comments: