And then having to deal with this...
But the painter is a whole different post!
Claudia has wanted her room pink for years, literally, years. I have put her off because I could not stand the thoughts of her bedroom no longer bathed in cornflower blue. The pretty cornflower blue that reminds me of her nursery and all things baby are gone. Don't get me wrong, the pink is beautiful. The paint job was well overdue. With our basement now redone as a playroom and so many toys no longer littering the bedroom, there is room to rearrange furniture and her room is going to be beautiful. Her pretty bedding and curtains that we have had for about a year will look brand new and so much better with the pink walls. She LOVES the color and cannot wait for him to finish the room so she can get back to her sanctuary.
When I chose the theme for Claudia's nursery there was one word that resonated in my mind...peace. I went back and forth with different ideas and could never find anything that made me feel the way I wanted to feel when I walked in that room. Chad was so sweet, he was willing to drive me anywhere to get anything I wanted for her room. In June, while pregnant, we went to the beach and the inspiration was found. I went in a store called Callie & Sadie's. It was two stores with separate entrances but they were open in the middle to each other and joined by the counter area. One side was just cute gifts and things for the home in all colors but the other side was magical. It was cornflower blue and everything else was white. Everything in the whole store was white. That store made me feel so peaceful. We came home and started searching for all the items that would make her room perfect. It worked. Claudia's nursery was the sweetest, most peaceful room. Before she was born I would go in there first thing every morning. It is across the hall from our room and I would go straight there and just look around and talk to Claudia. I loved her nursery. Making the change to "big girl furniture" was hard but again, I did the white furniture and the walls were still blue so it was still peaceful to me.
These pink walls represent my baby girl changing so much. She will graduate from Kindergarten in six SHORT weeks. Before she started K, I could not wait for the time between Spring Break and the end of May to RUSH by. Now I want to make every single day last as long as I can! I am no longer rushing school years because that is rushing Claudia and I cannot rush what is coming so much faster than I can emotionally stand. She is not ready to leave her teacher either which makes my heart rejoice over and over with thanksgiving that God hand placed her in that classroom. I am already covering her first grade teacher (name unknown) in prayer as well as the make up of the class. I know that God will put Claudia right where she needs to be and I trust His decision to be better than I could do because His way is always the perfect way for our lives.
So... pink walls, high heel sandals, and I am the mother of a big girl, not a baby. She is an amazing big girl. She brings so much joy to me every day that I get to be her mother. This is one long post but again, this is for me to remember just how I felt when the walls turned pink just across the hall...
No comments:
Post a Comment