From there we picked up Cooper, who was delighted to have "two Hannahs" in his car, and took the girls to meet the rest of their entourage of Hannas. A very brave friend drove her daughter, and 7 friends, to have dinner and go to the new Hannah movie. This was a first for us and it was not normal, not normal at all. We have always been the kind of parents that want our babies close to us. We've never been big "go spend the night" parents. We like them at home. We miss them when they are gone. We really do love spending time with them. We did pretty well while we took Cooper out to dinner and went to look for flowers for the pool area. Once we got home, not so good. We were so ready for Claudia to be at home. We walked Spencer and let Cooper ride his scooter in the drive way...all the while waiting anxiously to see our princess safe and sound at home. I tried really hard to not think of how I forgot to pray with her before she left. Thankfully, she arrived home safely and she had a wonderful time. We were so glad to see her!
Sweet Sayings...
God blessed me with some sweet sayings today that I really want to remember a year from now...
On the ride home, Cooper starts singing a song his daddy usually sings to him. The tune is "Mary Had a Little Lamb". Cooper is sitting in the backseat just hanging out in his car seat on the way home when we all of a sudden hear this:
- Mommy is fweet ole' girl, a fweet ole' girl, a fweet ole' girl, Mommy is a fweet ole' Mommy and I love her!
- Daddy is a fweet ole' Daddy, a fweet ole' Daddy, a fweet ole' Daddy, Daddy is a fweet ole' Daddy, and I love him! (no type-o...this is how he says "sweet")
He went on to do the same thing for Claudia and Spencer. He calls Claudia "Call EE U".
Later while playing in the drive waiting for Claudia, he comes up to me and says "Mommy, you and me are best friends, aren't we?" Could my heart melt any faster? NOPE! I'm mush in his hands. I had already heard him tell Chad before we left, "Daddy, you are the best daddy, I'm gonna give you a hug." Yep, Daddy is mush in his hands just me!
These are the exact things that remind me that our children are a gift from the Lord!