February 22, 2010

My Valentine

A little late for a Valentine's post but bear with me...
I have never been that big of a fan of Valentine's Day. I just think it is overrated and really crazy because that is the only day that some people do any kind of notion towards showing their love. I am extremely blessed (I really do know just how much) that Chad is my husband. He shows me love every single day in a million different ways. Not in flowers, gifts, or necessarily things of that nature, although he is pretty amazing at surprising me with things on a regular basis. He demonstrates his love for me in how he treats me, how he works as my equal in keeping the house and doing the daily jobs, how he fathers our children, and how he always puts the three of us first. Chad protects my heart. He wouldn't hurt me for anything. He wants me to be happy at any cost to him. I don't deserve that and I don't deserve him but I am very thankful that God blessed me with him anyway!


God has spoken to me in many different ways over time. One way is through Chad and his wisdom. Lately I have been drawn to the new Beth Moore book, "So Long Insecurities". You can read about it on her blog. I have read about the book and been tempted to buy it. Buying a book for myself is something I just never do even when I really want it. I have just felt like maybe this is a book that God wants me to read. I struggle with insecurities, even though most people who know me will not believe it is true...I have gotten pretty good at covering a lot of them. On Friday before Val., I emailed our library to see if they had the book and they did not. Also on Friday, I looked at Amazon two different times and put it in my shopping cart but did not purchase. On Sat. I went to WalMart for a few things and looked in the book section just to see how much it was...they did not have it. On Saturday night, we gave the kids our Valentine gifts for them and Chad gave me a bag. And here is what was inside...




(Not the pillow, that is just a prop! That was Claudia's gift!)

WOW! Do you think God wants me to read this book? SO DO I! Keep in mind, I have never mentioned this book to Chad. I have never bought (other than one Bible study) a Beth Moore book for myself. Chad has hardly ever bought me a book for a gift. He said he just saw it and thought I'd like it. Nope, I think God took him to that bookstore and put it right in front of him so the Holy Spirit could do His thing and get that book in my hands. Beth is doing a Bible study on her blog and I 'm going to try to go along with that schedule for reading. I have read the first two chapters and love it. I mean, who does not LOVE Beth Moore? She has such a heart for Jesus and is such an AWESOME teacher. The other goodie in this picture is my new Mandisa CD. Boy can that girl raise the roof praising God! Did you watch American Idol the night Simon ripped her about her weight and then she came back in and forgave him in the name of Jesus? Hallelujah, talk about God using the world for His glory that night! I love Mandisa and every single song she sings. This CD is a prize to me!

This Valentine's Day God really used Chad, as he typically does, to be a blessing to me. He confirmed that He is now and will always be working in our lives. Thank you, Chad, for loving me as Christ loves His church. You are better than my dreams!

Here is a link to the Beth Moore ministry blog...

www.livingproofministries.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know I'm a little late with my comment but just had to say I love this post & I also love it when God does things like this.