February 12, 2010

Snow Day

I was shocked this morning when my mom called to tell me at 5AM that our schools were closed! I was a bit upset when it finally got daylight and this was what greeted me...no snow on a snow day! Hmmm.... I can't even say how much I wanted us to go to school today and just try to get in a 1/2 day. I was sad for the kids to miss their Valentine parties and I was sad to think of having to make this day up....especially when there was NO SNOW!

Okay, so finally right around 10AM we started to get a steady stream of snow. That made me feel a little better about the snow day!


And it kept coming...

And coming...

And this is finally where we ended up! We got more snow this time than our last snow day in January! It was a different kind of snow. Not as cold but SO WET...yuck! Since Cooper spent the day at my mom's house and Poppa ran around outside with him, I pretty much kept Claudia in b/c she has been to the doctor this week and is taking meds for an ear infection.

Claudia had been wanting to have Gracie over to play so today was the perfect day. They played outside for just a little while and it was so wet, they were content to come in after just a little while. It pretty much snowed nonstop all day and it was so wet that I was afraid to take my camera out to get the pics I was longing for. No way I was risking losing my BFF over a little snow! I had to make all my pictures from the safe covering of the porch.

I loved how the Dogwood tree looked once it got covered! Snow is just so beautiful. Today I longed to be at my daddy's house because I knew the pictures up there would be amazing. I think the pastures and woods are so beautiful covered in snow. I can remember feeling sad when someone would walk across our yard and mess up the snow when I was little. Even now, I prefer we play in the back so the front can stay perfect!

Inviting Claudia's friend over helped motivate me to get dressed and get my make up on. I think otherwise I would have been tempted to stay in my PJ's and robe all day! Chad got off early today and that was such a TREAT! He came home with movies for all of us and that was an extra treat. We talked about how nice it was to have no where to go and to not be able to go anywhere. We decided that sometimes God just says "you need to slow down" and we think this might be His way of getting us to slow down for a couple of days. Chad and I both really need that! I am so happy that tomorrow will be another snow day and we will have to stay home.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Beautiful shots Lyn I see you & BFF are still getting along :-) Give you 3 guesses what just came hot out of the oven but I'm sure you only need one!!!