One way that I got Cooper to stop screaming about having his teeth brushed a long time ago was to tell him that he would get sugar bugs on his teeth. I told him food would cause sugar bugs in his teeth and they would make a hole in his teeth...aka a cavity. That satisfied him pretty good and he was pretty scared of a sugar bug. One day he asked me a question about sugar bugs. He asked me if a sugar bug crawls in the hole when it makes a hole in your teeth. :-) Precious! I could just imagine him thinking about those bugs in his mouth making holes in his teeth and crawling in! Needless to say, you can bet that I can ALWAYS count on Cooper reminding us to brush his teeth. Even if we forget and we are all in bed, he will remember and we have to get up and get his toothbrush. He has the fear of the sugar bugs engraved on his brain! The other night he got one of Claudia's babies from the playroom and wanted a toothbrush. I came into the bathroom to see this...
He was talking so sweetly to the baby telling him that he does not want to get sugar bugs on his teeth!

And then he wiped the toothpaste off of his face just like I do his!

And yes, I know it is time to change the header...first I have to make the new header!
1 comment:
Oh Lyn that Cooper is too precious! Love him to pieces :-)
Post a Comment