March 1, 2010

Claudia's Day

God blessed us with the most precious little angel 7 years ago. Today, He blessed us with getting to see her make a public profession of faith that she has been born again. Here she is before we left for church.






It was a day celebrated with family and friends. Mary Madyson spent the night with us on Saturday and went to church with us.








Gran Gran (as we call her) is her Sunday School teacher. I am so thankful for obedient servers like her who have made a difference in Claudia's life. All of the people who have invested in her spiritual growth deserve much thanks for helping lead her to the cross!






When we got to church, I was too anxious to go to Sunday School. I guess Cooper picked up on the vibe and he didn't want to stay either. He loves SS but not today! I just couldn't fight the battle so he and I hung out in the sanctuary. The sanctuary was pretty much empty and it was so peaceful to me.







Cooper went up to see the baptistry with me. He was SUPER excited about seeing Claudia in "the big bathtub" after he saw it!






Claudia with Sister and Juna before the service began.






Grandaddy was there too!






Teresa is my prayer partner and has been since right after Chad and I married. It was so special to me for her to be a helper with the baptism. Here she is trying to fit Claudia with the right robe...the longer one, of course!








Teresa has spent countless hours praying for Claudia. She is precious to me!




I am so proud of my baby girl. She brings me so much joy and now I get the honor of being her mommy & her sister in Christ!


Our little family



Here is a proud daddy!






And here is a daddy's girl for sure!


She wore a white robe because though her sins were as scarlet, they have been washed as white as snow!


Abbie & Cooper


Claudia with Richard & Toni

On the night she was born, Toni & Richard came to the hospital and stuck it out until the 12:31AM birth of our baby girl. They were so happy to help us celebrate her being born again!


Richard taking her through the steps so she will not be afraid.


I happened to overhear Teresa talking to Claudia just before we went up the steps. She was telling Claudia that when she was in my tummy, she would put her hands on my tummy and pray for Claudia to be saved one day. She did, every Friday that we met to pray, the entire time I was pregnant!


Waiting...


It was so special to me for Keith and Teresa to be a part of Claudia's baptism.

"But now, this is what the Lord says: he who created you, Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.



She was listening so intently to him. She had a looked so peaceful to me. I was so surprised I didn't cry...it was just such a time of rejoicing and praising. I was so full of thankfulness for her salvation!


Buried to self and raised to walk in new life with Jesus Christ!

My mom, my sister, my niece, my daughter, and me...we took a picture when Sydney was 7 years old (just like Claudia is now) when she was baptized. Claudia was 8 days old when Sydney was baptized.

We had a lot of family and friends come to the baptism and we all went to lunch together. It was such a great time of celebration. We are so thankful you all came to share this special day with us!
This is a day that this mommy will never forget!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I know you are so proud Lyn! Claudia is a beautiful young woman- on the inside and the outside :) Congrats!!

Kelly said...

What a wonderful day of celebration it was! We are so proud of Claudia and feel so blessed to have shared that day with you.