Because today, I have no pictures...just words!
Last night I made something delicious for dinner. You have to make it. I didn't take pictures because (a) I made a big mess and who needs to see that (b) I'm gonna link you to the fabulous pictures of the recipe I followed, and (c) I was also manning two children and one was repeating over and over that he did NOT want to get his hair cut and he needed some "yummy grape juice"!
It was so good that I even told Chad it just didn't taste like something I could have cooked...I'm very critical of my cooking.
So anyway, here's the link...go and make this for dinner and you will be very popular at your house. One note before I link...I had to make a few changes to accommodate my lifestyle such as: I used red cooking wine instead of real wine because we don't do those kinds of beverages and (GASP!) you can buy it at "the Piggly Wiggly" ...just like on Driving Miss Daisy! I also used precut chicken tenders instead of breast and I did not pound them with a mallot because (a) I do not own a mallot and (b) I teach for crying out loud...I had to get the show on the road! Not shocking that the Pig did not have fresh cheese so I used grated prepackaged and the Pig also comes up short on fresh herbs so I used the ones from my spice rack! It was still YUMMY!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/10/chicken-parmigiana/
If you don't read The Pioneer Woman, you will enjoy her. She has lots of recipes that look yummy.
My mother is retiring TODAY! That is shocking to me. Honestly, I still really will not believe it until tomorrow comes and she does not open a teller window at the bank. My mother has been a teller for as long as I can remember. She has been saying she is going to retire "in 6 more months" since she moved here in 2005! We will see if she really does it today! I'm not convinced...but just in case she does, Claudia and I are going to the luncheon to take pictures and "see her off" on her new voyage. Claudia is SO excited...because it means she gets to check out of school early!
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment