March 15, 2010

Sounds

Death has many sounds for those left to grieve.
A quiet house. Hushed whispers.
Loud shoes on wooden floors. Busy ladies in the kitchen.
The opening and closing of the door
as friends & family hover.
Grocery bags being unloaded. Coffee brewing.
The anguished cries of the heart broken.
Sobbing.
Kleenex being snatched one after another from the box.
Cries of "why now" and utterances of disbelief.
Bedroom doors closing to muffle
the broken spirits that flee the crowd.
Moans of desperation.
Quiet tears and elevated groans of despair.

I sat on the couch yesterday and listened to the sounds of death as they filled my friend's house. I prayed quietly for God to wrap His arms around her as she whimpered in shock and despair. I prayed for His peace as she cried out in brokenness. I prayed for His reassurance as she surrendered to her grief. He came and held her. I could feel Him there in her calmness. I knew He would be there. He is always there.

Please pray for my friend. Please pray for her children. Please pray for their entire family as they grieve the loss of a husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle, and friend. He was easy to like and easy to love. He loved them, they adored him, and they need your prayers to endure this season.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Lyn this is so beautiful and heartfelt it made me cry (again) Love you