June 2, 2012

The Academic (not to be confused with Academy) Awards of KES

The last days at KES bring about the anticipated Awards Days for each grade. Cooper's was first. Claudia's was actually combined with another event so I will do another post with those pictures, because there are obviously a ton. Dr. Hendon had asked me to help in the back with the Kindergarten students so I didn't get to sit out in the audience, but I was back there to see all of Cooper's expressions and excitement. I was also part of a 4 person team trying to keep over 100 K students quiet so the audience on the other side of the screen could hear, and that was a daunting task.

The K students didn't really know what to expect but they were so precious cheering for each name called out. First there were individual awards and then each teacher did her class awards.



Cooper won a medal for top math student in Mrs. Nolan's class.
 He was super excited and we were so proud of him.






There are always moments to remember with Cooper. Getting dressed that morning, he kept complaining that we were making him wear "church clothes" and he said he looked like an "old man" in those clothes.



Class Awards




 We participated in the 600 minute reading club and Cooper got a ticket to Six Flags as a reward.







No comments: