June 11, 2012

Her Final Event at KES

The day was Wednesday. The time was 1:00. The event...her last one as a KES Tiger Cub. She is moving across town to HMS. A middle school student now lives among us. She was lovely and she was so very happy. My heart felt like it would burst with pride watching her. I treasure the four years I have had her so close to me. I treasure the daily events I have gotten to be a part of.

We celebrate our third graders with a 3rd grade Tea. The cafeteria is decorated and moms prepare a lovely table full of goodies for the children. After they finish dining, we have their awards day.  All of the guests (parents, etc) sit on the opposite side of the wall in the gym watching a picture slide show while the children eat.





Mrs. Head's class








Our counselor asked me to give the Welcome so I sat with the presenters instead of Chad. I was so nervous and felt like my voice shook the entire time I was talking but even so, I was happy to be a part of a special day for Claudia.





Claudia worked really hard in third grade and her efforts were rewarded during the awards ceremony. Her first award was a certificate for being a Reading Book Buddy with a first grade student.





Claudia received the Counselor's Award for earning Counselor of the Day from Mr. Meadows.









As I posted earlier, she was on the technology team that placed 2nd in the State Competition. She received a certificate for the technology team and their group was recognized for their accomplishment at State.






Mrs. Duke gave out awards for the different AR point clubs. Claudia was in the 200+ club. She actually earned way over 200 AR points in 3rd grade.



Claudia also received a trophy for earning the most AR points in the entire school this year.




When Mrs. Head gave out her class awards, we were so excited for Claudia when she took the top reading student medal and the top math student medal for her class. She has gotten a medal for one or the other every year but she has never gotten both medals. We were so proud of her for working so hard in 3rd grade.









Cooper hanging out in Daddy's lap...


At the end, the students sang some songs about moving up, graduating, summer, etc. They were cute and made me sad because I have loved having this group at KES and I will miss them so much. I dread Claudia being in a different school from me every day.






Cooper finally sacked out on Chad...


The program closed with Claudia reading a poem titled "Thank God for Teachers". Again, so proud of this girl and all she has accomplished at KES. She was poised and confident and did a great job ending her 3rd grade Tea and Awards Ceremony.


No comments: