We wanted to surprise him on the day of his Kindergarten graduation with a puppy but it didn't work out quite that way. The puppy wasn't ready to leave his home until Memorial Day. We spent the extra days getting everything ready for his new home. We put a pen in our backyard under a huge shade tree so he could escape the heat. It was an exciting day for our family when we left to meet our newest family member.
We took Spencer with us so his first time to meet the baby wouldn't be on "his turf" in hopes that he wouldn't be overly territorial with the baby once we got home with him. Spencer is still trying to adjust and to be such a big boy, he is basically scared of the puppy and runs when he tries to play with him. It is hilarious to watch. Here we go...
There were two boys left for us to choose from. We let Cooper make the final choice.
Finally, a choice was made and a name was given...
Allow me to introduce our newest baby boy...
Theodore
our beautiful English Springer Spaniel
This sweet boy was so excited about his new best friend. He is truly a precious puppy and even I have fallen in love with him. In some ways, I wish he were going to stay a small dog that would love to sit in my lap but alas, he is not a lap dog. Spencer, on the other hand, is totally content to sit in our laps all day if we will sit and hold him.
When we got home, Cooper took him down to see his new home.
This sweet girl fell in love immediately with Theo...
Theo was 7 weeks old when we brought him home. His first days were spent hanging out by the pool with us while the kids swam. This breed loves water so when he is grown, I expect him to jump in the pool to join in their swimming.
I know he will still be precious when he is grown but I want to be sure and preserve just how precious he is as a little puppy.
Even a "learned dog lover", like myself, cannot help falling in love with those beautiful eyes and precious ruffled ears.
One afternoon last week, Cooper told me he wanted more pictures of Theo before he gets big so I pulled out my camera and shot away.
This is PURE PRECIOUSNESS worthy of adoration...
I hope these two will be best friends for a very long time. Cooper loves his sweet Theo so much. I'm so thankful we brought this baby into our family.
1 comment:
Oh my I love this post! You can already tell Cooper and Theo are best buds. Precious :-)
Post a Comment