June 12, 2012

May Wrap Up

To celebrate our Kindergarten graduate and our 3rd grade graduate, we went to Lakeside for dinner. Not fancy, but just what the kids wanted and they got to play outside by the lake, one of their favorite things about Lakeside. We had dinner outside and watched them play. It was a nice way to celebrate with them.




























The Sunday after we got out of school, the kids and I attended the Homecoming service at my home church, Corinth. We spent the afternoon playing at my daddy's. In keeping with tradition, I made a trek to the cemetery to visit my grandparent's grave and my cousin, David, who died when we were 18 years old.


Granny never wants me to take her picture but I just had to. I hope God blesses me with a long life and just look at this beautiful lady. What a blessing to be 90 years old and look this great and be so healthy.




I have a strong desire to keep those Southern traditions alive in my family and to instill them in my children. There are some things only a true southerner can appreciate and a Memorial Day celebration is not complete without a visit to the cemetery to honor those you love, as any good southerner surely can appreciate!

No comments: