Happy Father's Day
to 2 of the most amazing fathers I have ever known...
What an honor to have these Godly men in my life to lead me and love me and teach me...
When God gave me His best, He gave me a man who would preach the gospel every single day by living it. Chad has been the greatest blessing to me and truly an answered prayer. He loves our children with abandonment. He plays with them and he guides them with gentleness and patience. He is teaching our daughter what to expect from her future husband by the way he treasures me and the way he loves, protects, and nurtures her. When Claudia is a young lady, I pray she will find God's best for her life. I'm thankful that her daddy has set that standard very high and I trust she will not settle for less than what she has been taught to expect. He is teaching Cooper to be strong in spirit and gentle in action. He is the model husband for our Cooper and some day, I pray God will give Cooper a Godly young lady for whom he can become a Godly leader, just like his daddy.
Gentle, Kind, Compassionate, Generous, Humble, Sweet, Faithful, Dependable, Servant, Loving...
The list of attributes God created in this man could go on and on...
My sweet Chad...
Father of my children...
Love of my life...
Answer to my prayers...
Man of MY DREAMS!
I am thankful for every day God allows us to share together. I am undeserving of all I have in you and my cup overflows with blessings...
My Daddy...
Just knowing God has allowed me one more Father's Day to spend with this precious man brings me to tears. Every year I wonder if it will be the last. My praises to God for sparing his life so many times rings throughout the heavens this morning.
I have learned so many things from my Daddy. I am a Daddy's girl, and I always have been! He is gentle and kind in spirit. He is strong in faith and faithful in prayer. He is a doer of the word and a helping hand to any who needs him. He is bigger than life to me. He has taught me to be merciful and forgiving. He has always guided me, but also allowed me to make my own mistakes, and then helped me learn from those mistakes. There is no greater warmth to my heart than to hear him say "I'm proud of you, baby." I call him almost everyday and when he answers by saying (with true delight I can hear) "Hey, Baby!", it makes my heart full of joy.
His life's witness includes...
Kindness, Compassion, Gentleness, Faith, Perseverance, Humility, Generosity, Service...
No wonder my heart was drawn to Chad immediately in 1998...in so many ways, especially the way he treats me, he is much like my Daddy. I've never really thought about how similar their attributes are but they truly share so many. They are complete opposites in many ways but completely the same in others. Their greatest similarity is in how they love their wives and children.
Nothing in my life is deserving of these men who love me the way they do but I am thankful to My God and My Savior for allowing me to experience their love and protection. I treasure them with all my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment