HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY
CLAUDIA!
Today my mind drifts back to October 19, 2002. It was Homecoming Friday. I wore the only pair of jeans that fit and my black shirt that barely fit to school that day. It was 3 weeks until my due date. I was packed, the cameras were ready, the carseat was in, my hair was freshly cut and highlighted, you know, all those important things were done! I had been told just the day before that (gasp!) I was almost 4cm dilated and it could be anytime...literally! We spent the night before frantically doing all we could to get it all done just in case we were up in the middle of the night. I even vacuumed my car for crying out loud! I was so NOT ready at school. I was still desperately trying to prepare for a sub to be in my room until January. I was bending over my counter writing instructions when I got a sharp pain in my back...and so it began...and it lasted for 12 hours before my precious angel entered the world with a loud gasp and as that great commercial goes...A BABY CHANGED EVERYTHING!
7 short years later, here we are. Again to quote President George W Bush, (with my twist on it) "Some of the days have been long, but the years have been short!" 7...I keep saying that number in my head and my heart aches a little and rejoices a lot. What blessings God has brought us in those 7 years. What lessons He has taught me through this little girl. How He has changed my heart and continues to change me each day He allows me the joy of mothering her.
Here are some random things about Claudia that I want to always remember...
7 things she does that melt my heart everytime:
1. She writes us notes telling us how much she loves us.
2. She still calls me Mommy.
3. She reads her Bible in her bed at night.
4. She reads to Cooper.
5. She calls to check on her grandparents.
6. She always forgives me when I make a big mommy mistake.
7. She still likes to watch Noggin...at least some of the shows and she will still play with her babydolls.
7 things she loves to eat:
1. Peanut Butter sandwich for breakfast
2. Oatmeal
3. Roast and potatoes
4. Black eyed peas
5. Spaghetti
6. Corn Dogs
7. Cinnamon Rolls
7 things she does everyday:
1. Gets excited when she sees Spencer for the first time each morning and afternoon. She grabs him, says "hello my baby", and plops him on her hip just like a real baby.
2. She struggles to get up and struggles to fall asleep.
3. She flips many times everyday. Just walking through the den she will do a front roll and keep on walking.
4. Changes clothes as soon as she gets home.
5. Takes her hair down and fixes it her way.
6. Sits at her art desk and writes something. Sometimes only briefly and sometimes for long periods of time.
7. Plays in her room or the playroom... she has always loved to play and has always been able to entertain herself.
7 things she LOVES:
1. Being at home with play clothes on and nowhere to go.
2. Swimming
3. Having friends over to play.
4. Staying up late with her daddy.
5. Making any kind of craft.
6. Getting a surprise. She loves a surprise...even if it is sometime little like getting an Iccee.
7. Jumping on the trampoline.
Happy Birthday to our sweet angel, Claudia! We love you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment