This picture was taken on our very first fall trip to Destin in 2006. I was so hesitant to go in the fall because my only beach experiences had been summer. I quickly learned that my favorite time to go to Destin is in fact, the fall. There is nothing like it. We have been every year since then and I have loved every one! The weather is perfect, the beach is empty, and the crowds are all in the mountains! What could be better? We can still romp in the sun in our swim suits or shorts and tees but we are not sweltering in the heat and we have the beach to ourselves. Oh the relaxation you can find in Destin around this time of year! No rush, no "beat the crowd", just beautiful sun, sand, water and rest. Did I mention I always get the cutest beach pictures to use for Christmas cards?
This year we almost didn't go. We almost talked ourselves out of it. What were we thinking? Chad came to his senses before me and suggested we go. I'm so glad he did! We have not been yet but the trip is planned and bags are waiting to be packed. We are in need of a few days retreat from this busy life we've been leading.
My only regret is that I have not been an early bird shopping for Christmas pajamas because I thought we were not going! I'm so glad I was wrong. Destin, wait for us, we are counting down the days...
This is Fall, 2006.


No comments:
Post a Comment