October 13, 2009

Weekend Summary

Whew! We made it through Homecoming, a weekend with absolutely NOTHING in our kitchen, and a 7th birthday party! What a weekend! It was packed from beginning to end with topsy turvy, out of the ordinary, super fun. We went to the Homecoming game on Friday night and had a great time getting our 7th win of the season! Go Tigers! We are on a roll. Too sad that I cannot still say the same about my beloved Auburn Tigers.

We awoke on Saturday morning to a brand new feeling...what's that...we are having a birthday party today and I'm not totally stressed out and completely exhausted from cleaning my house from top to bottom and decorating the backyard like a fall festival blow out? Can this be true? Can it really be this easy? It can and it was...and I am SOLD on a traveling birthday party. I may never go back. Wonder what destination might tickle Cooper's fancy come April. Oh wait, 4 year old little boys on a road trip...on second thought. Maybe NOT!
We left around 9AM and picked up 4 little friends of Claudia's. They were all so excited and full of giggles and joy. We stopped on the way at a pretty rest area and had a snack. The girls were really great about letting me take their pictures. Next we headed to Build a Bear where a great time was had by us all. We were blessed with the store being empty for our party! I never dreamed that would happen. They all took great care in choosing their accessories for their bears. Such girly girls...just my kind of girls! Once we finished at BaB, we had lunch right next door at Chick fil A and it was great. We found a long table and the girls were so sweet. We were not sure what we were going to do for lunch but this turned out to be a great choice. Who doesn't love some Chick fil A? From there we headed to a pet store to check out all the cute pets. They all loved that. On our way home, we stopped at the rest area again and had cupcakes and opened presents. My sweet friend, Amy, made us amazing chocolate cupcakes with white icing and pink polka dots. They were so cute and yummy.
We have had some fun parties in the past and I do not regret for one minute all the work we had to do for Claudia to get to have those huge parties with all her friends there dressed up in costumes. They are great memories and I love that we got to do that with our Fall baby. One thing I love about those big parties was getting to invite everybody. That was one thing that really stressed and worried me about this one. I hated for anyone to be left out, disappointed, or have hurt feelings. The best way we could think of was to give Claudia a number she could invite and leave it totally up to her. That's what we did and she chose the 4 she wanted to go. The great thing about that number was that we could all fit in our vehicle so no one else had to go with us and we did not have to split up. I'm glad we did it that way. This was the first year that I felt like Chad and I actually got to enjoy Claudia and share her party with her rather than working at her party. Although we loved doing that for her, we sure did LOVE getting to be right there with her to experience it all this time. We are totally crazy about that girl! So here is our (almost) 7 year old on her party day!

For their privacy, and because I forgot to ask their Moms if it was okay, I'm only showing this picture of the girls...sorry!

My sweet babies!

Claudia & Mommy

Oh is she ever a DADDY's GIRL! (Just like me!) A Daddy's girl is the ONLY way to be!

And now we have big news that we are so excited about...our Amy is home for almost 2 weeks while Ryan travels to South Africa to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ! Please pray for him! We are thrilled to have some time with Amy!

No comments: