October 8, 2009

Did you hear that?

Have you ever felt like God was speaking directly to you. When that happens to me, sometimes it is so clear, I almost wonder if anyone else heard that too. It happened today. Yesterday's post focused on how hectic the week has been. I confess, I try very hard not to rush time but this week, all I have done is keep looking for Friday. WHAM! That is the sound I heard in my heart today when God convicted me of that. I somehow linked to a blog I've never seen before but it was pretty so I scrolled for just a moment and BOOM! there it was, God's specific message for me on this perfect day that I needed to hear it. He's pretty awesome that way! I am going to share it with you. It is an excerpt from a devotion book that I've never even heard of but I'm telling you, God's words resonated in my heart as I read it. I copied and pasted it onto a word document and printed it to put on my desk. I need to read it many times each day.


I want you to live this day abundantly, seeing all there is to see, doing all there is to do. Don’t be distracted by future concerns. Leave them to Me! Each day of life is a glorious gift, but so few people know how to live within the confines of today. Much of their energy for abundant living spills over the time line into tomorrow’s worries or past regrets. Their remaining energy is sufficient only for limping through the day, not for living it to the full. I am training you to keep your focus on My Presence in the present. This is how to receive abundant Life, which flows freely from My throne of grace.

Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

Forgive me Lord Jesus for not living in the present and appreciating and celebrating each moment of this glorious life you have blessed me with! Forgive me for rushing and forgive me for not treating my family like the royalty they are to me. Thank you, my Savior, for every tiny blessing and every huge blessing that knowing you brings into my life each day. I cannot imagine a moment in time without you, my Father, to count on and depend on! I am undeserving of such love and most certainly of such forgiveness.

No comments: