October 15, 2009

Regrets & Second Guesses

Last night I was up way later than I need to be on a school night. Everyone else was sacked out peacefully, or so I thought. When I went to bed, I wanted to snuggle with Cooper, listen to him breath, and fall asleep thanking my Savior that He has blessed me with this family and praising Him for letting me be a mommy. I tried to pull him close to me and snuggle...big mistake. Apparently I disturbed him and boy did we pay for it. Cooper proceeded to kick and move and cry out for what seemed like forever. Can I just tell you how much I wished I could stick a pappy in his mouth! Before I took it away, he was a more peaceful sleeper. He fell asleep so much easier, and I miss those nights! I began to think, "would it really be that bad to give it back to him?"...crazy, I know. I heard myself thinking, (as he is kicking Chad and I in the stomach, chest, head, etc) "what would it hurt...he is only 3 (I'm insane) ...that is just a baby". I am mulling all this over in my head and then I remembered that today I get to take him to the "monkey dentist" which he will not be happy about and then I get to conference with the "monkey dentist" and I'm sure he can tell me 100 reasons or more why I should NOT give him a pappy. Of course, he is not the one being kick boxed all night! But alas, I did not give in and eventually he wore himself out, fell back on the pillow asleep, and slept peacefully until we had to drag him out this morning. I, however, slept totally still because I was terrified I might stir the beast again and we'd never get any sleep!
But I sure do miss my Pappy sucking baby! Look how precious he was at 1-week with his Pappy!

No comments: