Are you KIDDING me?
That is kind of how I feel when I look at my calendar for this week. It is Homecoming around here and boy hidey do we know how to do Homecoming in our little town! It is one big celebration from Monday until the big game on Friday. When I first moved here, I was somewhat amazed/overwhelmed at my first HC. Now that I'm a permanent resident here and raising our kids here, I am a sold-out HC supporter. This week we've had more than the normal HC week and it has made me kind of sad. I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize (more on that later) and remember that it will be worth it. It has made me kind of sad because I miss my family! We have all been in the same house but we have not been together. We've been doing what has to be done to get by and emptying our kitchen while the kids, our precious kids, are entertaining themselves playing at night until bedtime. I miss family time! One time this week, and we don't do that much extra, I started wondering what extra we could cut out that would keep us at home and not running around so much.So here's the such of the title that is keeping me so out of sorts... the countdown is over and it is time! Our cabinets are ready and we are looking to tear out tomorrow! I cannot wait to see the end result. I cannot wait to get it all put back together and cook something yummy in our new kitchen. You can see why I feel so "all over the place" when you look at my dining room which is supposed to look like this in the fall:

But instead, it looks like this...
I will just leave it at that and not even show what the rest of the front of the house looks like. Hard to believe but this is after we threw away several bags of junk that had been hiding in our kitchen!
No comments:
Post a Comment