1 week ago
December 27, 2009
Christmas Morning
Christmas morning began very early this year with two super excited kids and two very sleep parents. In keeping with tradition, we all slept together on Christmas Eve. I typically get up before everyone and make myself presentable, make coffee, turn on all the lights, have my cameras ready, and have a few minutes before everyone is up. This year I had my clock set to get up at 6:30. I figured the kids would sleep past then so I'd have time to do all my normal things and I thought I'd have time to get my new camera together to be able to use it. Claudia had a different idea! She woke me at 5AM to tell me that sometime in the night she had heard a loud whistle and someone yell "Yah"...we could all guess who that must have been! I told her it was too early and she had to wait. She made it one more hour but at six, she could wait no longer. I did get her to wait and let me get the lights on and make sure we had had a certain visitor while we slept. Another tradition Chad started the first year we were married is us sitting in the bed and reading the REAL Christmas story about our Savior's birth before we get up. This year it was EXTRA special because our Claudia read it for the first time from her new Bible. She did so great and we were so proud of her.

Here they come...no new camera, I had to use my old buddy b/c my new best friend was not put together yet and I had no idea how to use it yet.
They were both so happy and excited over all of their things.
Cooper inspects...

Claudia and I took pictures of each other taking pictures. She is so happy to have my old camera! I had finally taken the time to read the "quick start basics" guide so I could actually use it. I can already tell I love it for two important reasons...first, not one of my pics was reshot b/c of blurriness and two, none of them were too dark!
And here are the first pics from my Rebel. They are so good and I don't even know how to customize any of the settings yet!

Love this picture of Chad being so patient teaching him how to use his Leapster!

A little while after we've been up, the grandparents (all six) come and have brunch with us. We have a huge spread and it is so yummy. We are so thankful that even with my parents not married to each other, we can still have them all together for us and our kids to enjoy them all at the same time. That is something I am so thankful for every Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment