I read a blog that literally makes you feel like you are on Holy Ground just being in its presence. Seriously, this lady is speaking words from His heart into blog land. Anyway, the challenge was to take one day a week and really focus on being thankful for the little things. Counting our blessings starting with the LITTLE things we sometimes forget to notice. She wants us to do it until we number to 1000. I'm not good at failing so I'm afraid to start it and not finish it but I'm going to start. I figured today would be a good day. I really want to have an attitude of gratitude that flows like living water from my life. Any day is a good day to count my blessings and name them one-by-one so I can see what God has done. So here I go...
Today on this Monday, my heart is counting blessings I have already encountered today and included in those are...
1. hot coffee on a cold morning
2. patience of a husband
3. the way they look when they are sleeping
4. patience of a daughter
5. a warm place to work
6. a job that surrounds me with children
7. clean clothes to wear
8. a best friend to work beside me
9. blogs that fill my heart with HIM
10. health that I take for granted
11. giggles in the hallway
12. Christmas clothes on children
13. Christmas music on the radio
14. Christmas trees to glow in the warmth of a warm home
15. a cozy bed
16. have-a-good-day goodbye kisses from my 3 favorite people
17. last night she said "I love our little family." Me too, baby, me too!
18. a good chair at my desk to support my back
19. a lamp on my desk for softer lighting that makes my classroom cozy
20. people who have confidence in me, even when I do not
21. children who sang like a choir of angels last night at church even though I am the director
22. the song "I Choose Jesus" that was sang last night because I DO CHOOSE JESUS
23. cell phones so I can call my daddy on my way to work
24. a sister who has the same open-wider-on-one-side-when-she-smile mouth as me...and I just noticed that in a picture...after 36 years, I just noticed!
25. red- because that color makes me happy
26. snuggles with any of my three favorite people
27. Christmas movies that always end right
28. Christmas trees all over the house
29. flat irons for curly hair
30. a good night's sleep
1 week ago