December 3, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
It brings me so much joy to have our house decorated for Christmas. I always love our home but I really love it at Christmas. The trees and all the other things make it seem so cozy. It just makes me want to have the 4 of us snuggled up together all the time. I LOVE that there are some channels that show Christmas movies every night. We try to catch as many as we can. I love those mushy, feel good, happy ending, Christmas movies. I still have a little more decorating to do but I am happy with what we've gotten done so far. I don't have the tree in the living room put up yet but I hope to get that done on Saturday. Here are a few pictures of what we are enjoying so far...
This is an arrangement I threw together for the buffet with little planning but it turned out pretty good. I have since swapped the ribbon to an amber color to match the chocolate brown in our dining room. I like it much better now. I don't have my table decorated but that is to come.
A little side table in our den. I can't find a good spot for the stockings because the hangers we have don't fit on the mantle with my garland and now they tv we have is bigger so when I put them on top of the entertainment center, they blocked part of the tv. For now mine and Chads are here and the kids are hanging on the front of the fireplace.
My mantle. I love this old window behind the wreath. Chad and I rescued it from the side of the road years ago.
Here's our tree in the den. This picture does not show how pretty the top turned out. It has a huge white wire snowflake on top that I love. I love snowmen and I use snowflakes and snowmen to decorate in almost every room. To me, there is no such thing as "too much" Christmas!
So far, that's the grand tour. I already posted the kids' trees in my Thanksgiving post. I need to get outside and get a few pictures of the reindeer and Santa that Chad put out.



No comments: