December 3, 2009

HO HO HO
Who wouldn't go...
to get their picture made with SANTA!
Well, there have been years when I wondered if we would have a picture with Santa. I have some really unique Santa pictures sitting around our house. I don't have digital copies of all of them but just know that the funniest picture EVER is Claudia sitting on his lap in all her 14 month old glory and here is the scene...Santa has her on one knee, he is holding her big Elmo in his other hand, he is looking at her, she is reaching with all her might for me and she is looking back at him with tears streaming down her face and a look of sheer terror! I know without a doubt that photographer thought I was a horrible mother but I did not care then and I don't care now because that picture is PRICELESS. I almost didn't make her do it and then I just decided to do it tears and all. Oh boy am I glad I did! Everyone gets a kick out of that picture at our house! To follow suit, of course I also have a picture of Cooper crying. I have them framed right beside each other on an end table. I have always been blessed that the photographer who comes to our school is willing to let me take a few shots after he takes his. Here are a few over the years...


This was taken at my school today. Cooper was a little nervous but when it was our turn, he did great. I was so proud of both of them! It helped that my school secretary is in charge and her son play for AUBURN and she told Cooper that her son, the big football player, still has his picture made with Santa! I love that it is a true story and I love that it helped me get a Santa picture! That Hope is a GEM!



2009
Claudia 7 years old
Cooper 3 years old









2008



Claudia 6 years old
Cooper 2 years old


2006

Claudia is MIA! She came dressed so pretty but she just could not make herself do it. She was terrified. Cooper was too, as you can tell from the picture but I still had to have this.



Cooper 1 year old




2006

Claudia 4

Cooper 8 months


2005

Claudia 3 years old

Here's the story...Since I had the Elmo picture made in 2003. In 2004, there was NO hope of a Santa picture. No way she was doing that at 2 years old! I had given up hope this year as well until I found out that our very own pastor was one of Santa's helpers! Since our Christmas parade is so close to Santa's busiest time of year, he had asked our pastor to ride in the parade for him! Being desperate for a picture, I shared that interesting news with Claudia. We just happened to go by his house on our way to the parade. He just happened to be getting his beard and hat on but you could still see who he was ...and...VOILA, I got a Santa picture with my sweet girl! I was totally thrilled! Of course we realized later that a curl of his beard was stuck under his glasses but we did not care! She was so proud of herself!

Oh my, how I HEART Christmas!

No comments: