May 19, 2010

Awards Day

First Grade Awards Day

Our school had awards day on Monday. Claudia was excited because her daddy was coming AND she was getting to check out afterwards and spend the afternoon at Juna's house.



Mrs. Bailey's class filing into the gym.

Claudia's class up and ready.

Mrs. Bailey announcing her awards. This is only the 2nd year we have had awards day at our school. It is one of the great things our principal implemented when she came. It is difficult for the teachers because we really try to not single anyone out and we never want any of the kids to feel like they are less than their classmates. Dr. Hendon is adamant that those who do well should be recognized and she is wonderful about affirming the ones doing the right thing. I can say as a teacher, it is a lot more fun to praise the right behaviors than it is to punish the wrong behaviors!

Claudia was awarded the top reader medal for her class. She was so excited. She has really fallen in love with reading this year. I am so thankful that God has gifted her with the ability to read so well.




All of the children received a ticket to Six Flags for the 600 minute reading club and a Voyager award for our reading program. Claudia also received the 100 point AR Club award and a certificate for Honor Roll.
I got a few pictures in the room before she left with her daddy.

Hayden was awarded the Golden Tiger Paw award for overall achievement. He has done a GREAT job this year and he really deserved this! I have loved Hayden and Claudia being together for K and 1st grade. I may cry if they are not together for 2nd grade! We love this guy so much!!

One picture of the 3 of us and they were off to Juna's house!

No comments: