Another interesting thing I have noticed is we already seem to be in the "school's out" mode of thinking. We are up late. The kids are swimming at 8PM. We have friends come over in the afternoon to swim. We are just so excited about this summer that we see no reason to wait until the official end of school...which, I am thrilled to say, is just 4 days away!
This frog has been a part of our family as long as we have been a family. He was a present from Shenese's mom when we got married almost 10 years ago. I think he is a "he" because he is holding a flower...and all good men bring flowers to their love. He is a good man! He brings me flowers every summer! This year he has no blooms but his back will still be filled with beauty. He is showing his age...and that makes him even more lovely to me. He is as old as our marriage. Like any marriage, he has his wear and tear, but even with the age spots, he is still full of beauty! A marriage with God in the center will have wear and tear, but no age can diminish its beauty!
One day last week I surprised Claudia and invited Gracie over to swim. She had gone home with Juna so I could go to the dentist. When I picked her up, I told her I had to run by and borrow something from Gracie's mom. I went to the door and Gracie ran to the car in her swim suit. Claudia was SO HAPPY! I love to give them little surprises that bring BIG happiness! The girls had so much fun swimming.
They have always been such sweet friends. They really enjoy spending time together. We are looking forward to lots of swim dates with Gracie this summer!
Last summer was such a great summer. The kids and I spent so much quality time together. Even though it had such a scary ending with Daddy sick, I have the BEST memories from last summer. I really tried to focus on spending time with them and not staying so worried about every little thing being done around the house. I hope we are blessed with a summer full of good memories again this year! I cannot wait to be home with them and get to swimming!
No comments:
Post a Comment