May 26, 2010

Slip N' Slide

When I was a little girl, we got our water from a well. Well water tastes so much BETTER than city water in my opinion. The bad side of well water when I was a little girl is we always had the threat of running out of water. Especially if we had a significantly dry summer. Consequently, any activity outside requiring water was forbidden. Imagine my sadness when the Wet Banana was introduced via the television making every child want one more than air itself! Every summer we would beg Daddy for a Wet Banana or a sprinkler to run in and the answer was always the same..."we cannot afford to waste water". Well, I'm not saying that we or anyone can afford to waste water, I'm just saying that, as long as we are not having a drought, city water does offer the benefit of being able to allow my children the joy of outside water fun.

We are so blessed to have a pool. It provides many hours of family time during the summer. I also always wanted a pool when I was little but that was obviously never an option either. Chad and I really hoped to find a house with a pool already in when we were house hunting years ago. God provided and we are so thankful! We try to invite others to enjoy it as much as we can so we can share the blessing. Recently, we spent a Saturday afternoon with Amy, Izzy, and Hayden while the daddy played golf...boy did he miss out! After a while of swimming, the kids wanted to get in the sprinkler. The sprinkler prompted Amy to remember that they had a brand new slip n' slide waiting to be broken in. She ran home and got it and we set it up. We have a great hill for a slip n' slide. The hill plus baby shampoo made for a great time!







When Hayden laughs, his face is taken over with JOY
and it makes me so happy to watch him!

I wish I could have caught this on camera but Amy was gone and couldn't help me. This sprinkler has a lever where you can make it go higher or lower. Once when the boys were doing this, I snuck up and pushed it all the way up, shooting them in the face. They LOVED it!

Here goes Hayden...

And Claudia...

And Izzy...

And Cooper...

I think we need to buy one because long after the other three had gotten back in the pool, Cooper played by himself on the slip n' slide. He loved it! I would have loved to have given it a try but I cannot even imagine how I would feel the day after I purposely slung my old body down a hill on wet, soapy plastic! :-) That just does not seem like the smartest move for me! I am just living out my dream of a Wet Banana through my babies!

No comments: