Tonight, she danced...and it was lovely. It was her 4th dance recital and as I tried to take in every moment, I thought about how quickly the time has passed since her first recital. I actually took this picture at rehearsal but wanted to put it in b/c tonight I got no pics of her in her ballet costume. Tonight she did ballet to "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo", tap to "If I Only Had a Heart", jazz to "Pink", and gymnastics to "Bedrock Twitch". The recital was beautiful, as it always is.

Claudia and Hallie have taken dance together since their very first year. This year Hallie rode with us on Thursdays, delighting Claudia immensely!

She had to go dressed for tap tonight so we took a few pictures outside before we left. She looked so beautiful and she was very excited and a little nervous.








This is her sweet teacher, Mrs. Donna. She has learned so much about proper technique from Donna this year. Donna has tons of patience, even after teaching first grade all day...I do not know how she does it! We have loved having Donna and really hope we get her for 2nd grade as well!

Sharing the excitement and getting our traditional pictures of the girls outside.



While we were outside, this beautiful ballerina showed up so we took some pictures with her!

I love, love, love Izzy's costume. She looked so beautiful and she danced so beautifully as well! She danced to "Someday, My Prince Will Come" in this lovely white costume and it was breathtaking. She did a great job and looked like she was having fun the whole time! We were so happy that Izzy danced on the same night as us!


For the first time ever, Granny came to recital. I ended up with an extra ticket and she was happy to take it! Claudia was so excited for Granny to see her dance. Paw Paw and Nana also sat with us. Juna, Grandaddy, and Mrs. Pat sat near the back so it would be easier to get Grandaddy in.

This is after the finale when you could go down and meet your dancer. I love this picture of daddy getting his little princess...boy is he crazy about this little girl!

She was happy to see family who had come to watch! Look how good Granny looks, man I wish I could look like her and live to be a healthy 88 years old!

The finale was all the dancers onstage for "Hoedown Throwdown" so Claudia wore this cute hat and denim jacket to "western up" her costume a little. After a ballerina dances, she must always receive a lovely boquet of flowers...

And a few presents...
We got her a monogrammed apron b/c she has really been asking for one and this one was too cute to pass up!

Finally, we went to the stage to see Miriam. Miriam has been Claudia's student helper for every year in dance except one. Claudia is crazy about her and often says that someday, she wants to dance as pretty as Miriam. This girl is extremely talented and I LOVE to watch her dance. I am sad to see her graduate and leave the dance group. On the night of our last recital with Miriam, we had to have a picture.

Claudia and Jean...who has made such a HUGE impact on her life!

What a great night watching our little princess shine like the princess she is! We loved every minute!
No comments:
Post a Comment