May 9, 2010

It is May

For me, those three words completely explain why I haven't been blogging, why my house has 1 inch thick dust on all the furniture, and why I constantly feel like I am one lap behind in the big race!
It Is MAY!
I can say it with all the negative connotations of the huge push to finish my paperwork at school; get things together for dance recital; get up early for Bike Hike; organize Kingdom Kidz graduation; and on and on...

OR

I can look at the positive side of May...
I am so blessed to have an amazing job with an administrator who supports me and my BFF right next door to my classroom! I GET to be at school with Claudia and share first-hand all of the excitement of first grade! I GET to watch her dance in her 4th dance recital and see the joy on her face as she does something she loves...and praise God that she is healthy and able to do those things! I GET to help with Bike Hike and change the lives of people with severe disabilities and know for sure that I am helping do God's work! I GET to work with children at church and teach them all about Jesus Christ and hopefully have a tiny part in leading them to Christ and salvation. I GET to look forward to many weeks off to play with my babies and enjoy them! I GET to look forward to a fresh start, a new school year, a blank slate full of possibilities.

And at the end of these hectic days of May, I GET to go home to a house that God provides for us, surrounded by the three people I love most in the world, with all the conveniences anyone could ask for and every single need we have being met by Him everyday...

I think I will focus in that direction...yeah, that feels much better! The dust will be there, the paperwork will get done, and the end of the school year will come and go...and in the end, I can say I endured it, or I can say I experienced it...I think I want to experience it so I will remember it!

No comments: