I even surprised myself.
Today I made a pound cake. From scratch!
I am in shock that it did not fall to pieces.
I am not a maker of cakes. Pies, I can do. Cakes actually scare me, really, I am serious! I so admire anyone who can whip up an amazing cake. My husband has the gift. Passed on from his daddy who could bake any kind of cake. Chad is just like him. Chad made this cake for me a couple of weeks ago when I hosted a shower. It was so delicious! I decided I wanted to have it to take to my Granny's for our July 4th cookout but I really hated to ask Chad to make another one. I decided I would give it a try. I was really terrified I would completely mess it up. I was delightfully surprised when it came out of the oven looking so pretty. I was even more surprised to get it on the cake plate in one piece! I had to take its picture...this may never happen again.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh girl I am not usually a fan of pound cakes but looking at these pictures I wanted to dive in! When I saw the ingredients I believe it was the butter and cream cheese calling my name :-)
Post a Comment