July 20, 2010

Summer Things

One day Cooper decided he was going to write a song. I found him in his room with his guitar and a pen and paper. He would sing and then pretend to write down what he had said. I am assuming he learned this from watching Hannah Montana with his big sister! It was cute. His song was about the day he was born. I cannot remember it all but I do recall him singing "I was born on a Monday..." Ha Ha Ha! Cooper is one entertaining boy!



This past week, Cooper has been sleeping in his bed! Granted, it requires me reading him a story and then lying there until he falls asleep, but man am I proud of him! He does not always make it all night, sometimes I get up and go get in bed with him just to keep him in his bed. This won't sound like progress to most mommies but for Cooper, this is HUGE progress! These pictures are actually of him napping one afternoon. His naps are a thing of the past so it is a rare treat when he will actually nap for me. This day I had probably worn him out in the pool. You just gotta love that hot sun and pool when it is bedtime!




If it was at all possible, Claudia has fallen even MORE in love with her baby, Spencer this summer. The carries him around on her hip like a baby and the funniest thing is he actually holds on like a baby! It is so cute. These two are completely crazy about each other. I never imagined I could love a house dog the way I love Spencer. He is a huge FIRST for me. We have had him one year and 4 months. He has really changed a lot. He is much calmer and his perfect day involves a lot of snoozing and being held. He is the perfect dog for us!



He lets them flip him all over and even push him in a baby carriage!




No comments: