July 18, 2010

Summer Picnic

Our summer is disappearing, even though I am trying hard to pack it full of fun and stretch the days out as long as I can. We can often be found swimming late just to make the day last. Claudia has had a few things she wanted us to do before the end so we are working on her list. We checked off one of her items on last Thursday when we invited these 3 friends to join us for a summer picnic at Hardley Creek in West Point. I love that Amy is a SAHM because she is usually game for anything fun! Claudia, Cooper, and I always have so much fun when we hang out with them. We had a very hot day for a picnic so we wimped out earlier than we would have liked. It also did not help that the best play equipment (the slide and monkey bars) that were in the shade had been removed! It was just way to hot for the kids to play in the blazing sun. They played for a while, we ate lunch, and then we fed the geese. They were hissing at us until we broke out the bread! My pictures are not in order the way I like but I didn't want to start over.





Our sweet friends...







Hayden and Cooper at lunch







Claudia & Izzy at lunch




These two are the sweetest friends!


They play so wonderfully together and they are crazy about each other.


We love Izzy so much!




Our 4 kiddos feeding the geese one last time...



Claudia and Cooper




Awww, man, I am REALLY going to miss these two


when we go back to school!




Claudia was a little nervous the geese would bite


but she warmed up pretty quickly!








Cooper feeding the geese.





Our boys...


These two play very well together considering their age difference. I absolutely LOVE the way Hayden pronounces Cooper.


Especially in his sweet voice...




The girls...working on a sand castle...that the boys stomped and ruined...and the girls screamed...isn't that typical of girls and boys!





The geese...



This boy will probably never know how much I love him!


The mommies...after we had wilted from the heat!







Izzy the photographer took a picture of me and my sweeties.


We had a great day! Thanks Amy, Izzy, and Hayden for playing with us! After we got home, Claudia and Cooper were THRILLED to spend a couple of hours at Mrs. Amy's house playing.

No comments: