What's keeping us so busy? Spending time together, that's what! I am trying to spend INTENTIONAL time with them making INTENTIONAL memories. Sometimes life can completely get in the way of making memories with your kids and I do not want to fall victim to a busy life. Granted, there are times you just cannot help it but right now, I can and I am trying my best! I have a busy busy busy school year coming up. I will be swamped all the time. With National Boards and some very needy students coming in, I know I will be on overload from day 1 to the last day of the next school year. I am trying not to dread it but it is hard. I am just focusing on these last days and putting as much of ME into THEM as I can.
We spent the morning playing restaurant in the basement. They took turns being the waitress. I got out a pile of pictures from when Claudia was a baby and we looked at those together. Cooper kept wondering where he was. We looked at some of him too. He really loved that! When Cooper finished his swimming lesson on Tuesday, the 3 of us hit the road. We cannot go far this week because we have VBS at 5:30 each day but we wanted a little afternoon fun. First we went and ordered Claudia's new backpack. It is going to be CUTE! Then we headed to Lakeside for lunch. We didn't have to rush and just enjoyed our lunch chatting. We went outside at Lakeside and the kids had so much fun on their new play set. We were excited to see what they had installed since the last time we had eaten there!

The kids threw rocks in the lake and we walked over to where they have Worship on the Water. We had fun playing around the lake and then we hit a couple of the antique stores. We looked at EVERYTHING. They were so sweet and I was so proud of them. We got home in time to freshen up and race out the door to VBS. Today was a great day. Yes, I have loads of laundry to be done. Everything needs to be dusted, swept, mopped, vacuumed, etc. but it is not going anywhere and our summer is!

I was missing my BFF and had to take pics with my phone. After I had sent the pic to my email, I read a blog that I like to keep up with. She was asking for prayer for her cousin's daughter who was recently diagnosed with Leukemia. I linked to the blog and read everything from the day of diagnosis. They just found out on July 10th. I thought of all the things we have done since July 10th...just TEN DAYS has passed and this little girl has been through MORE than I can even imagine my children having to go through. Her parents have been more AFRAID for her LIFE than I ever want to imagine. Please pray for her. Please link and read the blog... http://www.kissesforcami.com/
We just never know...we do not know what the future holds...we never know when the next phone call, knock on the door, routine trip to the doctor will change our lives forever. We have to TREASURE everyday because tomorrow is a HOPE but it is not a PROMISE. I am so grateful that God used this to remind me to enjoy today and rejoice in today! Please pray for Cami!
No comments:
Post a Comment