December 1, 2010

2nd Grade Fun

Our 2nd grade students had a great treat last week when we took them to Birmingham to the McWane Center. Claudia was so happy for Chad and I to both be able to take off and be with her on the trip. We got a late start but once we got there, we had plenty of fun.
Claudia's teacher assigned a few students to each parent on the trip. We had Claudia and these two sweeties. They were fun to spend the day with. Taking children on a field trip is a huge responsibility and it always makes me nervous.
Claudia trying to hoist herself up on the pulley...the most difficult one. Needless to say, I didn't get on this and try to pull myself up!

Future Scientist? Um, not if she takes after her parents...

















Chad and I kept looking for Cooper all day long...it was so odd to not have him with us.

Rachel's mom and dad also went on the trip. Her dad, Daniel, is an engineer...an engineer from Auburn...he is smart like that...so he would try to explain things to me and he said I would get the same glazed expression his wife gets! HA! It made no sense to me! After the buses left, the six of us stayed for a little while and did a few more of the activities. Claudia and Rachel really enjoyed being together. We could have stayed for a long time but Cheesecake Factory was calling our names and we had to respond!

Claudia, Rachel, and Daniel rode this thing. No way I was getting on it!








Our last stop was the Hurricane Winds and they loved it. Maybe I was no fun, but I was not getting my hair blown to smithereens...and I just realized I have never actually written that word, I have only said it! Ha!

We had lots of fun on this trip. We stayed out later than normal for a school night but since we only had one more day of school for the week, we decided to be rebels! Claudia really enjoyed us both going. Now she wants to take Cooper to the McWane Center. She saw lots of things she thought he would enjoy. Maybe we can do that soon...or at least after I mail the Nat'l Brd box in March!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Fun time with great memories! :)