December 16, 2010

To Sum It Up...

So, where have I been instead of on my blog? Well, let's just run through a recap of the past 2 weeks, shall we? Just for memories sake so I will never forget. Not that I think any of this is interesting to you handful who actually still read my random thoughts...but here we go...


  • On December 3rd, a magical thing happened...our children actually spent the night with my Daddy and Smom. I met daddy right after school and waited for Chad to get off work. We were so happy to have a night to ourselves. We went to Birmingham and spent the night at our favorite place, The Wynfrey. We had a long, quiet dinner and shopped until 11PM. We spent the next day shopping and listening to Auburn play in the SEC Championship game.

  • On December 8th, a horrid thing happened...I moved wrong when picking up a garment from the floor while getting ready for work and a disc in my back slipped. That baby stuck right to a nerve and had me in screaming pain. It was not a pretty sight. I ended up being out of work the rest of the week. Made a trip to the chiropractor and an orthopedic doctor where a nurse continued to ask my if I wanted a wheel chair...I kid you not! No thank you, as long as I can put one foot in front of the other, even with pain, this stubborn gal will make it on her own! Thankfully, he gave me pain meds and I was able to get some relief. On Friday night, Chad took Cooper and a friend to the movies while Claudia went to Izzy's birthday party. I was supposed to be the photographer and had to cancel. I was so sad to not get to go to Amy's and take pictures and see the super cute party in action. Instead, I camped out on the couch and watched Hallmark Christmas movies. I watched quite a few of those while I was recovering!

  • Claudia danced in the Christmas parade last Saturday night. Spencer went with us dressed in his elf costume. I sat in a car while waiting but was able to get out and actually watch her dance. I have pictures to post if I ever get them loaded.

  • On Sunday, we had the kids cantata at TBC. I rested all day so I could be there. The kids did so wonderful and Cooper even stood up there and sang for the very first time. Every other year he has ran for the hills when it was time to sing! I was so proud of both of my babies!
  • I was so happy to return to work on Monday. Granted, I did it on pain meds but now I am SO MUCH better and SO AMAZINGLY THANKFUL to be well!
  • Monday was also my sister's birthday! I am sad I didn't get a good post on here for her but I just haven't been up to the blog.
  • We are anxiously awaiting Christmas Break around here. The kids are dropping like flies at school...we have a virus plus the flu making the rounds. I am praying I can keep our family well until Christmas!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

So glad you're better, friend. Claire and I are still sick, and I hope you and your family stay well! Merry Christmas!