December 2, 2010

Unexpected JOY

On Tuesday I was quietly minding my own business trying to enjoy a perfectly wretched day of bad weather outside and DATA meetings inside. I was between meetings and decided to open my laptop and get some work done. Since that sounded equally as wretched, I went to my email instead...and there it was...JOY in the form of an email. You see, this email was unlike any other in my inbox. This email was special because it was from an old friend. Not a friend, lest you mistake, who is old but instead, a friend I've had for a LONG time. I was so excited to open this email and see what she had to say. I was almost giddy with excitement, and nope, I am not exaggerating. You know how exciting it is to hear from someone who you love dearly and who knows you so well. Someone you never see or get to talk to but not because there is bad blood between you, just because life took you in totally different directions and different locations. That is us in a nutshell...me and Stacy, Stacy and me. Oh the memories we have together. Oh how well she knows me and has always known me. We have shared it all...the good, the bad, and the ugly and in the end, we were better friends because of it all. Stacy, my precious friend, it was such a blessing to hear from you. I love you so much! Thanks for being a friend who has stood the test of time. I will always treasure our precious memories. I am so thankful for your place in my life!

No comments: