December 31, 2010

Wrapping It Up...

I have one last Christmas post. I just wanted to share a few of our Christmas decorations. I shot just a few pics on Sunday night before I started taking them down on Monday. I love Christmas decorations and even though it takes forever to put it all out and it is a bear to get put back together, I cannot scale it back. This year we had no parties at our house but I still wanted it all decorated just for us to enjoy.

This is our tree in the den.

My Billy Buttons collection. I was sad when these were discontinued. Chad and I used to get one every year in the mountains. I have sweet memories of all of those trips in the fall when I get these out each year.


This picture is horrible but this tree was beautiful. Chad's aunt came and put the ribbon and topper together for me. She is amazing. This tree turned out so pretty.

And now let us go outside...
A few weeks before Christmas, Poppa called to ask if he could decorate our yard for the kids. He said he would put it all up, take it down, and put it all on timers so we wouldn't have to worry with any of it. Well, who in their right mind would turn down an offer like that one? Not me, that is for sure! These pictures do not do the yard justice. He did a great job and it was beautiful. I was sad on Sunday night to know it was the last night we would come home and our yard would be all lit up. It just made our trees look even prettier!












I absolutely love how this big window gets a little condensation on it when it is cold outside. It looks as if you are looking through snow to me.




No comments: