January 11, 2010

The Countdown

The countdown is on, at least for me it is. Claudia does not want me to count the days because she says it will get here faster if we don't count...I love 7-year old reasoning...I don't love that I typed 5 year old and had to delete the wrong age...Wasn't she just 5 years old and going for her first trip?

I am busy making our plans. When are the parades, where should we eat...I LOVE the planning. I love it almost as much as I love the actual trip...but not quite! It helps that I have a friend who gets just as excited about the planning (that's you A.B....as if you were wondering!) and she is my sounding board, information center, and Disney GURU. There is just nothing like it in the world. Chad says he thinks I might be just as excited as the kids...I think I might be even more excited. This being our 3rd trip, it is "common" to them for us to go...especially Cooper. He cannot remember a time when we did not go to Disney. It will never be common for me because I can vividly remember wanting for more than 30 years to go. I will never ever forget the excitement or the anticipation of our first trip. I will never forget almost wanting to hold my breath as I lifted my eyes to see Cinderella's castle for the first time. She is the classic, timeless, princess and will always be my favorite. It will always be magical to me, no matter how old I get!

I talk about it all the time to the kids. On Sunday morning, Cooper decided he wanted to be like Mickey Mouse so he wanted to take his ears to church. I regretfully had to say no but we did get them down for him to wear until time to leave. That, of course, sparked Claudia and she got hers.
We got these on our very first trip. I wish I had a picture of Amy's kids with their newest ears on. Santa brought them a trip this year for Christmas. They left on Christmas day and boy did we want to be there with them. Santa brought them Santa hats with Mickey ears and their name monogrammed on the fur. They were BEAUTIFUL and so precious!



Who wants to go to Disney? ME ME ME!!!

If the Lord provides and allows, I would love to take these babies to Disney every single year. We have some special memories from those trips that are worth more than money can buy.

No comments: