January 2, 2010

A Brand New Year...

No New Year's resolutions here...I got a little bit of wisdom about that a long time ago. We rang in the new year at home and it brought me so much joy. Just the four of us in our cozy den hanging out. Cooper bailed first around 9:30 and Chad followed a little later. Claudia and I stuck it out. She really wanted to make it until midnight and that is not really difficult for her. She is such a night owl. Stay up late and sleep until lunch, that is Claudia's favorite thing...it is NOT mine but I decided to hang in there with her. She and I did snap some pictures of ourselves after we rang in 2010 but since I had already cleaned my face, I won't be posting those! :-)

New Year's Day brought relaxation & traditions. We had lunch with Chad's parents and my mom. My sdad had hurt his back and couldn't join us. We had the traditional black eyed peas and greens. The old tradition is that you eat peas and greens on New Years Day to ensure that you will have plenty of money during that year. I'm not superstitious at all since I believe that God has a plan for all of us and I trust completely that He is in control of all that happens to me and my family, including every penny that is provided for us. However, I grew up with this tradition, as did Chad, and it just would not be New Years without peas and greens! Another tradition that we both grew up with is not washing clothes on New Year's Day. The old wives tale/superstition is that you will wash someone out of your family if you wash on New Year's Day. Both of these are kind of funny to me but again, we do them because they are the traditions we were raised with.

Chad has been off since Thursday at 12:00 and we have really all enjoyed being home together. The biggest, most wonderfully exciting thing that has happened so far in 2010 has to do with a phone call I made and a confirmation number I received...
can you guess what is no longer a dream but now a PLAN?
Magic awaits us and plans are underway.
Oh how excited we are...we are not sure who is the most excited...us or the kids!

No comments: