1 week ago
January 25, 2010
Monday, Monday
How is it that Mondays can just smack you back to reality and come at you from out of nowhere. There you are just relaxing away, enjoying your family when BOOM! it is Monday morning and it is time to "let the games begin" so to speak. That is how I kind of feel about this Monday that we are wrapping up. This morning I thought we were getting off to a good start. I was dressed on time and felt like we'd get off to a good start. When it came time to get Cooper dressed he was super irritable and much more difficult that usual. He cried a lot and kept complaining with his neck hurting. He seemed like he was in serious pain so I figured he had somehow slept wrong and was suffering the consequences. I got him to the couch and had to be so careful putting him on the pillow because I could tell he was really in pain. I was starting to get a little worried as he seemed to get worse and his neck was so stiff. He would not turn his head at all and was really upset. Then he really got me scared when he would not touch his "yummy grape juice". Cooper is predictable in that when he gets up, he wants "yummy grape juice" and he quickly downs the first cup and wants a refill. I can always count on that. Today, he would not even take one sip. I am about to head out the door when he decides he wants to ride with me. I knew it would make me late but I also knew that if he could get in the car and start to act more normal and be semi-happy, it would make me feel so much better. We were standing in the kitchen and he was crying and holding his neck when Chad and I looked at each other and said "Doctor". I took Claudia to school and got her settled in her room, talked to my principal, and headed back home. I was blessed to get an early appointment and even though it was not with my pediatrician, I was happy with who we saw. Cooper was just pitiful the entire trip. It only took Dr. Carter one look in his throat to find out the cause. Of course it is some long name but the gist of it is that he has an abscess on one of his tonsils. Yuck! No wonder his neck is killing him. We headed to Target to get his prescription filled. I figured that would be a good place to keep him distracted while we waited and they are usually pretty fast. He just sat wrapped up in his blanket in the buggy (yep, I say buggy, not shopping cart) and barely even talked or anything. Once we got home, he stayed on the couch the rest of the day until he was in his Daddy's lap until bed. He was one sick little baby boy. I hope Tuesday brings better things for my Cooper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ahhhhh Mondays!!!! Bless his little heart, I hope Cooper feels better soon.
Post a Comment