January 7, 2010

Snow Day

According to the weather, we were supposed to have at least one inch of snow by school dismissal time today. The kids were so excited. You could just feel the anticipation in the air. I was shocked to find out that school was cancelled for Friday before it had even snowed but I thought since it was, we should really get a pretty snowfall sometime today. I was in DATA meetings from 10:45 until the end of the day. Sometime when grade levels were changing, someone came in and told us it was snowing. I was so happy that I had brought my camera to capture the memory. I ran in and grabbed it and went to see if Claudia's class was going outside. I just love to see how happy the kids get over snow. I loved how they all walked around with their tongues stuck out trying to taste it. Here are just a few pics I took. Unfortunately, it was short lived and before long, it completely stopped. We didn't even get enough to show up on the ground. We were so disappointed. We still have a snow day tomorrow, though right now at almost 11PM we only have a dusting of snow but my kids and I have HIGH hopes that we will awake to a winter wonderland!
Mommy & her best girl! We had to wear our Auburn today since Dr. Hendon announced for everyone to wear their Alabama clothes today. This is the only SEC clothes we wear!
Tride and true orange and blue!

Claudia & Hayden...I bet he has some RTR clothes on under that jacket! They bleed all red at their house. It just goes to show that mixed friendships can work!

I was sad for the kids that we didn't get REAL snow but maybe tonight...we will go to sleep wishing for a real snow day!

No comments: