This is Claudia's 4th year to take dance. Before I had a little girl, I would hear about dance and the recitals and I would hope that one day I'd have a little girl to take to dance class. Where I grew up, there were no dance classes to be found. Ballet shoes and red clay really don't mix very well. We are blessed to have a wonderful Academy of Ballet here in town that has been in business for over 25 years. Claudia has really enjoyed her years of dance and I can see how she is improving more each year. Her favorite thing is gymnastics which comes at the end of each class. This year, she is taking ballet, tap, jazz, & gymnastics. It is a 1.5 hour class that meets on Thursdays. She is always exhausted and starving when we finish but she loves it. Sometimes I get tired of sitting there when I have so much to do but for the most part, I enjoy having that time to sit and watch her do something she loves. I don't always get to do that at home so it is a small piece of time for me to just sit. I am not comfortable just dropping her off because you just never know what will happen and she might need me. I always want to be there if she needs me. I also can't help but think that if I'm not there, that will be the night she finally nails something and I will miss it! Here are some pictures from last Thursday night.
I love this picture. Miriam is one of her student teachers and she has had Miriam every year except one. She loves Miriam. I have always loved to watch Miriam dance. She is beautiful inside and out and that shines in her dance. She is graceful and to watch her dance is so relaxing. She makes it look so natural and easy. I have always told her mother (my friend, Jean) that she is the most beautiful dancer I've ever watched. I love that Claudia is in the background mimicking what Miriam is doing. Miriam is a senior and it makes me so sad to imagine not getting to have her in dance next year. We will miss her so much!
Hallie rides to dance with us. Thursdays are one happy afternoon in my room. These girls are always thrilled for that one hour together. Last week Claudia was rockin her new leg warmers and Hallie was rockin a new leopard leotard. Fashionistas for sure!
Oh how I wish I could still do this...actually, I'm not sure I've ever been able to do this. Maybe long ago in my cheerleading years...
I'm wondering what they were talking about. Notice the pat on the back Claudia is getting. They've been friends since they were in diapers!
I am delighted that this year their ballet number for recital is to the song "Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo" from Cinderella. As I've stated before, she is the classic princess to me and will always be my favorite. How fitting that we will have just gotten home from our Disney trip when recital time rolls around. The rhythm sticks are stand ins for the magic wand they will use. Oh how pretty this will be on stage!
Finishing up class with her favorite part, gymnastics! She gets really unhappy if something causes us to leave dance early since this is at the end. This year she has gotten that back leg straight on her cartwheel. She can also do her front limber. Boy those are some long legs!
Claudia, I love to watch you dance. I love to see how your confidence has grown and how you become more graceful every year. I miss the little tutus you used to wear but I love to see you advancing in your skills. I will always treasure the sweet memories of taking you to dance and watching you learn. I'm so thankful God blessed me with a little girl to share this with and I'm even more thankful that you are that little girl.
2 comments:
What great pics! I have heard about those leg warmers Hallie talked me into a pair so she and Claudia could match like her Mom and me! :-)
How time flies seems like yesterday we were walking them in for the first time.
You know Hallie has on that leopard print like her mommy!!
Post a Comment